Colic Relief Belmont
According to the American Pregnancy Organization, roughly 20% of babies meet the definition of “colic.” Colic is comfortless, crying for long periods where nothing seems to soothe or help your baby. It can begin as early as three weeks, and it usually lasts until three months of age, sometimes longer.
If you are a parent with a colicky baby, you understand how difficult and frustrating it can be. Parents of babies with colic can feel helpless and feel as if there is nothing they can do to help their child. You may find hope with chiropractic care from a Belmont chiropractor.
What Are The Sign Of Colic?
- They cry suddenly and intensely for no reason. These crying episodes can last from minutes to hours and tend to happen at or around the same time. It is common for colicky babies to cry in the late afternoon or evening hours. Their face often becomes red and flushed.
- You may also notice a change in the infant’s posture. When they’re crying, they’ll usually clench their fists. They may have tensed abdominal muscles, and the back seems arched.
- Colicky babies don’t sleep well. They will sleep for some time and then wake up and start crying intensely. They will carry on for some time and then stop and rest. It’s a cycle that keeps many parents awake for hours.
- The baby feeds irregularly though they usually have no appetite issues.
- During those intense crying episodes, the baby often passes wind.
How Can Chiropractors Help Colic?
One reason to work with our chiropractors at Wittwer Chiropractic Center for colic relief is because we focus on using natural treatment methods. Chiropractors understand one basic fact: a body whose nervous system and spine are misaligned will experience pain. This misalignment is called subluxation, and when it is out-of-whack, the spine negatively affects how the nervous system works.
When the system is imbalanced, other areas of the body will stop working correctly. It is the same idea when it comes to colic in babies. We help newborns, as well as toddlers and older children, find colic relief fast. We’ve seen many parents whose babies had been excessively crying stop crying within a few minutes of our treatment.
Relieving colic in newborns and children makes us very happy. If you are skeptical of chiropractic care for your child, you’ll be glad to know that extensive research shows that chiropractic care really does work and is, indeed, extremely safe for even the newest babies. Chiropractic treatment can ease many ailments, and if you are interested in experiencing the benefits of chiropractic care for your infant, call Wittwer Chiropractic Center to schedule a consultation at (650) 670-4050 today!
Suffering with Aches and Pains?
What Our Patients Are Saying
Listen to our patients share their experiences and find out why we are the top-rated chiropractic clinic in the Belmont area.